Finding ways to announce your pregnancy can be both exciting and nerve-wracking, especially if it’s your first! So here are a few ways in which you can make it fun for all.
First of all, know who you want to announce it to, and make sure its the right time. Maybe just close family or do you want the world to know? Depending on who you want to know will change how you’re going to announce it. Of course, there are hundreds of ways to announce it but here are some fun ways you can use it.
Announcing to Your Partner
Announcing to your partner can be scary. So, making this as fun as possible can ease this pressure.
Of course, some ways are more obvious than others, but if you do it in a subtle way, watching their face as they figure the message out can be priceless.
- Give them a gift box. You could make this a puzzle, with subtle hints, maybe a riddle they have to solve.
- Buy a box of doughnuts, or confectionary. Leave a little note inside saying ‘I don’t want to be the only one with a bigger belly.
- Get a set of alphabet fridge magnets. Leave a bunch of scrambled letters with the words “Im pregnant” in the middle of it. Then, see how long it takes for them to notice!
- If you have a pet, they can announce your pregnancy for you. Get them to wander around the house with a special message!
- If you really want to put in some effort, you can get some fortune cookies with personalized notes inside. You can make this into a whole romantic evening. Set the table with some candles, then order in some Chinese food. Finish the evening by opening up some fortune cookies. Just wait for their reaction as they read what their future holds!
- Staying with the food theme, you can make a homemade pizza. Cut some pepperoni pieces into letters and spell out “You’re going to be a parent”.
Announcing to Your Parents
Choosing the right way to announce your pregnancy to your parents can seem equally terrifying. But again, if you make this fun it can ease the pressure.
- Buying mugs with the words ‘You’re going to be a grandparent’ printed onto it is a great way to be straight forward in letting them know you’re expecting.
- Getting a cake with the words ‘You’re going to be grandparents’ on it can be a great way to announce, plus, you get cake!
- You and your partner can do a photoshoot using an announcement sign, chalkboard or whiteboard with a message written on it, such as ‘We are expecting’, ‘You’re going to make great grandparents’, etc… and get this printed into a photo frame to give as a gift.
- Another idea is to get a sonogram printed and framed to give them, this is a great way for them to have a ‘first look’ at their new grandchild.
- If you don’t live in the same city or country as your parents, there are a number of ways which you can let them know via post. You can now send a message in a bottle which will be delivered to their door for them to find.
- Taking the photoshoot idea from above, you could also send a photo card or ecard to them with a personalized message written on it.
Announcing to Your Family
If you want to go all out and announce to the whole family at the same time, this is when you can start to have real fun, you can make this as big or as small as you want (but why not make it big!)
- Throw a surprise announcement party. There are so many ways at a party you could announce the news. Play some games, fill up some balloons with notes or clues, and play a game where people have to pop them and figure out the message.
- Get some t-shirts printed that say ‘Mom/Dad to be’ and halfway through the party go change into them and walk back into the party together and just wait for people to notice.
- Make up some goody bags, with various hints in them, you could get some baby-themed candy, get personalized chocolate bars with messages on them like ‘Auntie to be’ or you could get small gifts such as personalized keyrings with similar messages.
- Invite your family over for dinner and finish the dinner with a cake with a message written on it such as ‘We’re expecting’
- Again, if all of your family are not in the same city, why not set up a skype or video call with everyone together to announce it, or send out personalized cards, timing is key with this, if you want everyone to find out on the same day, ensure you post them at the right times to make sure they are all delivered on the same day.
Announcing on Social Media
Once you have told your family, you may want to go ahead and let the world know and the easiest way to let a large number of people know can be via social media.
- Taking the photoshoot idea from earlier, you can post a photo with a message written on a chalkboard. You could also get a little more creative and do a photoshoot with yourself surrounded by baby items, teddy bears, etc…
- You can also post a photo of the sonogram which is a very easy way to get people’s attention and to get your message out there.
- Or why not make a gif! A great way to do this is to take a series of photos over time, maybe holding your baby bump or get your partner involved to hold the bump, if you do this over time you will be able to see your baby bump growing.
- If this isn’t your first child, then why not get them involved, get them holding a notice board with a message like ‘I’m going to be a brother/sister’ there is so much fun to be had with online announcements if you’re an Instagram fan, why not make a boomerang.
There are so many ways to announce your pregnancy to everyone. Don’t hold back either. This is big, important news! We’d love to hear how you announced your pregnancy to loved ones, please let us know in the comments!